Who do we want?
The Yamhill County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue Team is looking for upstanding citizens of Yamhill County who have an interest in:
- Map and Compass navigation
- Mountain Biking
- Ham Radio
- Medical Training
- K-9 Search and Rescue
- Horseback riding
- Helping the Community
How to Join
Attend a meeting to see if you are interested. We meet at the Public Works Auditorium on the third Thursday of the month at 7 pm. See map here. Occasionally, our meetings are held at different locations, due to social events or availability of the meeting space. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm location.
If you are still interested, here are the steps you need to do in order to be part of our team:
- Fill out an application (use the link below) and return it to the Yamhill County Sheriff’s Office, 535 NE 5th Street, Room 143, McMinnville, Oregon 97128
- Have background check completed. (Age requirements: Be at least 15-18 for a youth member, 18+ for Adult member)
- Meet with the Yamhill County Search and Rescue New Member Coordinator, who will explain more about Search and Rescue and the requirements of the team.
- Meet with the Search and Rescue Coordinator.
- Arrange a meeting with the Sheriff, through the Administrative Manager at the Sheriff’s Office.
- Start attending monthly meetings.
- Attend and complete the Search and Rescue Training academy, held once a year.